Sunday, March 5, 2017

Watercolor Sympathy cards

Good afternoon crafters,

Today I have some sympathy cards to share with you.  It's unfortunate that these cards are necessary, but sometimes they need to be created to let loved one know that they are in your thoughts and that you want to support them with whatever they might need.  


Because I don't enjoy making these cards, I always create them in bulk.  I have three pictured here, but I actually created 10 of these.  I used watercolor paper, watercolor paints, and water to create the backgrounds.  The fun part about using watercolors is that the backgrounds always come out slightly different.  Before making the colorful background, I stamped and heat-embossed the flowers with white, opaque embossing powder.  After heating the image, I sprayed the watercolor paper with water and got to painting.

Once the paper dried, I stamped the sentiment, "May you find strength in the love that surrounds you".

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Lala

No comments: